Our Walls Stay Fresh.
With gallery lighting and pristine walls, each building in the Sawyer Yards complex hosts on average 6 exhibitions a year. Our exhibitions aim to showcase the work of our occupants along with local, regional, and national organizations and institutions. We welcome visual art in all media, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation, performance, participatory, video and new media.
Our exhibitions aim to showcase the work of our occupants along with local, regional, and national artists, organizations, and institutions. We welcome visual art in all media, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation, performance, video, and new media.
Sawyer Yards has three gallery spaces approximately 2000 SQFT. that are programmed out on a rotating basis. Each gallery hosts four exhibitions per year.
- Sawyer Yards is accepting exhibition proposals on an ongoing basis. We invite artists and curators to propose exhibition ideas for our gallery spaces.
- The gallery spaces (3) are approximately 2000 SQFT.
- Proposals are invited from individual artists, curators, teams, or groups.
- The Sawyer Yards Exhibition Program's goal in selecting proposals includes presenting a cross-section of media, content, and diversity over the year while showcasing quality art.
- Sawyer Yards Exhibitions reserve the right to refuse the exhibition of work that does not accurately reflect the original proposal.
- Sawyer Yards is not responsible for damage or loss or artwork while on view.
- Artists are encouraged to insure their work while on view at Sawyer Yards.
- Publicity will be provided through the Sawyer Yards Exhibition Program.
- Open flames and animals are not allowed. Soundtracks and audio must be able to be set on timers to be silenced during theater performances.
- Artistic quality: Artists of the highest artistic caliber, as demonstrated by examples of past work.
- Responsiveness: Letter of intent, proposal images, and final work successfully portray the overall goals of the project as well as engaging and inspiring the community.
- Project management ability: Applicant(s) demonstrate that the Artist has the necessary capability to accomplish the project, and to create and deliver the work on schedule
- Resume, no more than three pages.
- Letter of Intent, to include contact information, and a description of how the Artist intends to meet the criteria listed above (1,500 words maximum).
- Work Examples: Up to ten (10) samples of previous work. Only JPEGs up to 5 MB in size will be accepted.
- Image List for all Work Examples, to include Artist name(s), title, date completed (as applicable), dimensions, and material/medium.
Once your proposal has been reviewed you will receive notification from Sawyer Yards. Upon selection, the gallery and timeline will be determined for the upcoming year. Applicants whose work does not fit the criteria will be notified in a timely manner.
Please contact Alexander Squier with any questions: email@example.com
On View: December 3 - February 11th, 2022
Theme: GROUP SHOW of Tenant works
Details: This exhibition is open to all Silos tenants. Works will be on view in the corridors of all bays.
Submission Guidelines: Each artist may submit up to (2) two works. There are are no size limits.
Gallery Submissions: Gallery spaces can submit the maximum number of pieces per entry per each person on the lease. In this case, it would be (2) two per person on the lease.
Installation: This exhibition will be hung by the exhibitions committee. (2) Two pieces per artist will be hung. *We need volunteers for the exhibition committee if you are interested in helping with this exhibition please check the box below.
*NO SUBMISSIONS PAST THE DEADLINE OR OUTSIDE OF SUBMITTABLE WILL BE ACCEPTED
Submission Fee: $0 WAIVED
- Sunday, November 27 | Submissions due through Submittable by 11:59 PM
- Mon / Tues, November 28 - 29 | DROP-OFF! bring selected work to the hallways of the Silos by 5pm, ready to hang
- Wed, November 30 | Artwork placed throughout the space, Installation begins
- December 3 - February 11, 2023 | Exhibition on View
- Feburary 12 - 13 | Take Down Artwork
- WORKS MUST BE WIRED CORRECTLY FOR HANGING OR THEY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED (wire MUST be firmly attached to the back of the piece)
- NO sawtooth hangers or built-in cardboard clips
- No Anchor Bolts
- All paintings must be dry (NO wet submissions in any media)
- Painting stretchers must lay flat against the wall
- Large or unframed paper works will be considered at the discretion of the exhibition committee, the artist must be available to install
- Artist must be available to hang their own heavy works (over 30 lbs) or provide special installation instructions and hardware. Most walls are drywall only.
- Works on canvas must be framed or have finished edges appropriate to the image or process
- Frames must be in good condition (no scratches or loose corners)
- Artworks must be clean and free of smudges and smears that are not in keeping with the stylistic intent of the artwork
- Please specify if an electrical outlet is needed before installation
- Headphones or a timer must be installed with all sound works
- Sold works may be removed from the exhibition ONLY if replaced within 48 hours with an artwork similar in scale and no holes are added to the walls. Email the exhibitions coordinator with an image of the new work and tag information : Rob Gladstone, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All sales are handled directly by the artist. Management will not handle sales in any way
- Packing materials will not be returned – We do not have storage capabilities
Sawyer Yards is not responsible for damage or theft, however, we will follow professional standards when installing and handling artworks. In addition, we guarantee:
- All works will be hung with weight specific hooks
- Artworks not meeting the guidelines will not be included in exhibits to avoid damage to other artists’ work
- If your artwork is difficult to hang or too delicate to handle, you will be contacted for assistance.
- Artists will be contacted to pick up their work if it does not meet the specific guidelines.
We cannot guarantee:
- that every work will receive its’ own lighting source since all fixtures are permanent
- specific locations for specific works
- multiple works by the same artist are hung together or near an artists' studio