Our exhibitions aim to showcase the work of our occupants along with local, regional, and national artists, organizations, and institutions. We welcome visual art in all media, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation, performance, video and new media.
- Sawyer Yards is accepting proposals for sculptures in Art Alley. We invite artists and curators to propose ideas for Art Alley.
- Art Alley has five concrete sculpture pads, (3) three 7'x5'6" and (2) two 5'x5'. All pads are 6" high and ground level (see diagram here). Artwork must be anchored into the concrete pads unless alternative ways of installation are agreed upon. One artist will be chosen to be shown in Art Alley.
- Proposals are invited from individual artists, curators, teams, or groups.
- A $1000.00 stipend will be given to the selected artist, curator, or team.
- Sculptures will be on view for 8 months, January - August 2021.
- Sawyer Yards Exhibitions reserve the right to refuse the exhibition of work that does not accurately reflect the original proposal.
- Sawyer Yards is not responsible for damage or loss or artwork while on view.
- Artists are encouraged to insure their work while on view at Sawyer Yards.
- Publicity will be provided through the Sawyer Yards Exhibition Program.
- Open flames and animals are not allowed. Soundtracks and audio must be able to be set on timers to be silenced during theater performances.
- Artistic quality: Artists of the highest artistic caliber, as demonstrated by examples of past work.
- Responsiveness: Letter of intent, proposal images, and final work successfully portray the overall goals of the project.
- Project management ability: Applicant(s) demonstrate that the Artist has the necessary capability to accomplish the project, and to create and deliver the work on schedule
- Resume, no more than three pages.
- Letter of Intent, to include contact information, and a description of how the Artist intends to meet the criteria listed above (1,500 words maximum).
- Work Examples: Up to ten (10) samples of previous work. Only JPEGs up to 5 MB in size will be accepted.
- Image List for all Work Examples to include artist name(s), title, date completed (as applicable), dimensions, and material/medium.
Once your proposal has been reviewed you will receive notification from Sawyer Yards. Applicants whose work does not fit the criteria will be notified in a timely manner. Please contact Grace Zuñiga with any questions: email@example.com